Friday, August 20, 2010

Testing, testing! 1-2-3 Day GO!

Hi and welcome! I've not got much up on this site just yet but that will change in the near future as I figure out more of the controls and options here on Blogger (until now I have only been using this account to post comments on other blogs I read that run off of this awesome site). So please bear with me as I get things up like donation buttons, counters, all sorts of goodies to help me and you, my readers and supporters, keep track of this undertaking.

I'll be 25 this year and 26 by the time I get to run the event, and I wanted to do something that would allow me to put my mark on the world around me. I enjoy helping others where I can and so this was the number one thing I could think of participating in. I'm a big fan of groups like Keep-A-Breast, the Dear Jack Foundation and 11:11 AM, and the Hurricane Olympics, and while it's awesome to be able to contribute to that I also had the need and want to prove to myself that I can organize and perform something like an individual 3-Day walk. I wanted to do something that will not only give me a personal goal of achievement, but one that will ultimately give back to a cause.

:) Anyhow. Please be sure to check back in; I'll likely be linking posts through my Facebook and Twitter account; and maybe in a few other places too, but we'll see what happens.

Right now I'm gonna throw some pants on and go for a walk!

2 comments:

Please be positive!!